Hi there! I am a Literary Agent at Marsal Lyon Literary Agency. If you’re looking to query me, please start by checking out my agent page on the Marsal Lyon Literary Agency website. There you can find more information about the agency, submission guidelines, and get a high level overview of what I’m looking for and if we might be a good fit!
In all genres, I welcome diverse stories and characters that reflect the world we live in.
When you send in your query, please:
- Make sure that query is in your subject line. This is important because if it isn’t included in your subject line, it will not end up in the right folder and could go to junk!
- Please include your query and the first ten pages of your manuscript pasted into the email (no attachments).
- If you’re on social media and/or have a website, I’d love for you to include links of where I can find you. If you don’t have links to include, that is okay.
- I respond to all submissions. I do receive a high volume of submissions, so please be patient with me as I read and review your work.
To get a better idea of my reading tastes, here are some of my favorite books: Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli, The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw, Caraval by Stephanie Garber, I’ll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara, Yes Please by Amy Poehler, The Watcher in the Shadows by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Haunted by Danielle Vega, Point Horror series, and anything from Laura Griffin, Simone Elkeles, or RL Stine.
If you comp your book to any of these shows, I would love to see your work: Forensic Files, Good Girls, Outer Banks, Pretty Little Liars, Destination Unknown, Dead to Me, Goosebumps, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Riverdale, Scream, Twisted, Star-Crossed, Supernatural, and Friday Night Lights.
If you have a submission that doesn’t fit the categories below and you feel we would be a good match, I would love to see it.
|Middle Grade (ages 9-13)|
I am particularly drawn to adventure, contemporary, horror, magical realism, and mystery novels. I love character driven stories with humor and authentic voices.
I’d love to see:
• A contemporary novel featuring stories of family, first love, and overcoming obstacles.
• Chilling tales of horror a la R.L. Stine’s Goosebumps, including creepy dolls, ghosts, and books set at camp.
• Stories involving a diverse group of friends coming together to solve a mystery or a crime, like The Goonies or Stranger Things.
• Magical tales, especially ones set at boarding schools.
• Stories of adventure from anywhere in the world, from any time period, like pirates on the high seas or camping in the National forest.
• A modern-day Babysitter’s Club series or Sweet Valley Twins series.
Young Adult (ages 14-19)
I am interested in a wide variety of YA genres: adventure, contemporary, horror, magical realism, mystery, romance, thriller, true crime, and light fantasy. I love strong, unique voices and am always looking for diverse, inclusive reads. I have a soft spot for misunderstood characters and love interests.
I’d love to see:
• Feel-good coming of age stories like Stand by Me or Now and Then.
• Dark stories and tales of terror! Send your books involving ghosts, witches, tarot, haunted houses, cemeteries, or things that go bump in the night.
• A novel that reads like a true crime podcast.
• Myths and legends from your part of the world.
• Mysteries that involve friends banding together. If your novel can be likened to a more diverse Clue, Nancy Drew, or the Hardy Boys, send it in.
• Stories featuring your local girl gang (girls supporting girls).
• Romance in every subgenre, in every heat level. From slow burn romances to enemies-to-lovers to feel-good romances, I love them all.
• Stories involving heists of any kind.
• Adventures involving pirates, mermaids, or the ocean in any capacity.
• If your book’s aesthetic is in the dark academia realm, I’d love to see it.
• I’m forever wishing for a book that brings the same kind of autumn magic that Ray Bradbury conjured in his writing.
• Magic and witches, witches and magic, magic and witches, witches and magic. Oh, and curses too.
I am interested in the following genres: adventure, chick lit, commercial women’s fiction, mystery, romance, true crime, and select horror. I am drawn to unreliable narrators, dark and gritty tales, and stories with lots of twists and turns.
I’d love to see:
• Cozy mysteries with a lovable detective. Bonus points if it reminds me of Murder, She Wrote.
• Any and all mysteries and true crime novels.
• Romantic suspense featuring a strong lead and a hot, irresistible love interest, working together to solve a crime.
• Feel-good romance that can make a reader laugh and swoon simultaneously, especially small town romantic comedies.
• A ghost hunter rom-com or a tarot reader / psychic rom-com.
• Any and all ghost stories or stories about hauntings.
I seek well-researched and focused books on:
• True crime
• Spiritualism, witchcraft, and/or magic.
I AM NOT THE RIGHT FIT FOR:
• Chapter/Picture books
• Military/Political thrillers
• Pandemic stories
• High Fantasy
• Science Fiction
• Novellas/Short Story Collections
• Any books where animals get hurt.