I haven’t been around much lately.
What the hell have I been up to? Well, let’s see.
- Saw my favorite band since elementary school. Yep. Blink 182. It was an absolute dream and I couldn’t believe that it was happening.
- My old roommate Haylee was getting married so I attended her bridal shower. She makes the cutest cups. Check them out.
- I recorded a sweet podcast with podcast genius Brian LeTendre about writing and Camp NaNoWriMo. If you’re thinking about starting a novel, you’re already writing one, or you’re thinking about participating in NaNoWriMo, I think you’re find it helpful! Listen now!
- I did a ton of other non-fun things like smogging cars, getting things fixed, paying rent, getting Nova puppy shots, etc.
I went to Coachella! It was one of those bucket list things. My best friend and I decided to go last year and we bought tickets before we even knew who was playing so that we could do the payment plan. Well, thank heavens we did because one of my all-time favorite bands, AC/DC was headlining. We saw a ton of fabulous shows including Hozier (he’s adorable and SO talented), Father John Misty (not a fan of his music but his show was absolutely enthralling and hilarious), Brand New (amazing!), Circa Survive (stupendous!), David Guetta (so much fun!), and so many more. Johanna and I camped at a nearby campsite called Indian Waters Resorts. I highly recommend staying there if you are ever in need of a campground and you find yourself in Indio.
Here are a few picture highlights from Coachella:
- I participated in Camp NaNoWriMo. My goal was 50K and I only made it about halfway but I’m so happy that I started and tried, despite “failing.” Because in my opinion, if you tried, you never actually failed at all! Now I have 26K into a new WIP in one month. Woot! The next session of Camp NaNoWriMo is in July and YOU can participate.
- My buddy Brian LeTendre and I started our SUPER AWESOME SUPER SECRET COLLAB PROJECT THAT I CAN’T SHARE ANYTHING ABOUT BUT I WANT TO BECAUSE I AM LITERALLY BURSTING. Oh, and apparently he is too because he spilled the beans, kind of, not really.
- I was delighted to be a guest post on Sione Aeschliman’s blog. I talked characteristics of good writing! Find out my secrets here.
- Nova got her final puppy shots! Now, if only I could get her to stop chewing on everything!
- My brother came out to visit for 48 hours. We celebrated my father’s birthday and he set off for Nova Scotia, because he’s just that awesome! It’s always good to see my brother because well, he’s simply the best.
- Pen and Muse Press is running a new blog tour for Laura Lee’s fab book Identity Theft, about catfishing. It has it all! Humor. Suspense. You can sign up here to get a free review copy AND join the tour!
- My sexy car got new tires, new front end everything, and now she’s driving like a breeze!
- I’m querying book #4. Le woot!
- My friend Haylee got married! Congratulations Haylee! I attended the wedding and it was gorgeous and she was gorgeous and I’m so happy that her and my longtime friend Trousie have started their life together
What have YOU been up to the last couple of months? I’d love to hear. Or if you blog it, feel free to link it to me in the comments so I can check it out.
Or, if you have any questions for me about what I’ve been doing or Coachella, feel free to ask them below and I’ll answer them.
Here’s a picture of my perfect, doggy child being adorable.
Very truly yours,